- 2014 – PhD in Curriculum, Instruction and Teacher Education, Michigan State University, USA.
- 2013: Graduate Certificate in Science Education, Michigan State University, USA.
- 2005: M.Sc. in Mass Communication, Allama Iqbal Open University, Islamabad, Pakistan.
- 2003: M.Ed. in Teacher Education, Allama Iqbal Open University, Islamabad, Pakistan.
- 1996: B.Ed. Allama Iqbal Open University, Islamabad, Pakistan.
- 1992: B.Sc. (Pre-Medical), Govt. Viqar-un-Nisa College for Women, Rawalpindi, Pakistan.
- 1992: F. Sc. (Pre-Medical), Govt. Viqar-un-Nisa College for Women, Rawalpindi,Pakistan.
- 1988: Matriculation (Pre- Medical), Saint Anne’s Presentation Convent, Rawalpindi, Pakistan.
- October 29, 2005 to date: Associated with Fatima Jinnah Women University, Rawalpindi as a Lecturer in the Department of Education.
- 2011-2014: Served in CITE Steering Committee at Michigan State University, USA.
- 2010-2011: Served on TE Dept. Chair Advisory Committee at Michigan State University, USA.
- Part-time tutor at Allama Iqbal Open University, Islamabad for Bachelors and Masters Level.
- Secretary, Hostel Advisory Committee since October, 2008, Fatima Jinnah Women University, Rawalpindi.
- Hostel Incharge from April, 2008 to August, 2009.
- April 4, 1993 to October 31, 2005: Served at St. John’s High School, Murree Road, Rawalpindi, in the capacity of a class/subject (science) teacher.
|Publications & Newspaper Articles
- Crutcher, P. A., & Naseem, S. (2015). Cheerleading and Cynicism of Effective Mentoring in Current Empirical Research. Educational Review, DOI: 10.1080/00131911.2015.1058749
- Naseem, S. (2013). Looking Ahead: Insights from the US for Pakistani Teacher Education, Journal of Asian Development Studies, 2 (4), 37- 43.
- Naseem, S. (2009). [Review of the book New Teacher Mentoring: Hopes and Promises for Improving Teacher Effectiveness. by E. Moir, D. Barlin, J. Gless, & J. Miles]. Biannual Journal of Gender and Social Issues, 8(1), 49-53.
- Newspaper Article ‘Age of Innocence’ in Sunday Plus, The Nation, February 3, 2008
- Newspaper Article ‘For a Better Future’ in Sunday Plus, The Nation, November 4, 2007
- Newspaper Article ‘Deteriorating Respect of Teachers’ in Sunday Plus, The Nation, August 5, 2007
- Naseem, S. (2015). “Learning to Notice:” A study of Pakistani student teachers’ reflection on their classroom videos. Paper accepted for presentation at International Journal of Arts and Sciences’ (IJAS) conference in London November 3-6, 2015.
- Naseem, S., & Richmond, R. (2014).Those experiences have made me who I am!” Narratives of Novice Science Mentors About Their Mentoring Practices. Paper accepted for presentation at NARST Annual International Conference,March 30 – April 2, 2014, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Naseem, S., & Richmond, R. (2013). Personas of Novice Science Mentors. Paper presented at NARST Annual International Conference, April 6-9, 2013, Puerto Rico, USA.
- Naseem, S. (2011).Effectiveness of Teacher Mentoring: A Reality or a Myth? Paper presented paper titled at International Education Conference March 25-26, 2011 at New York University, NY.
- Hafeez, S., & Naseem, S. (2010). Enhancing Students’ Learning Through Thematic Teaching at Primary Level. Paper presented at Midwest Regional Comparative and International Education SocietyConference October 29-30, 2010 at Eastern Michigan University , Ypsilanti , MI.
- Naseem, S. (2008). Impact of Montessori Training on Teachers’ Performance in Early Childhood. Paper presented at 3rd National Conference on Education (November 26-27, 2008) at by University of Sindh, Hyderabad.
- Naseem, S., & Bibi, S. (2008). Collaborative Action Research for Empowering English Language Teachers. Paper presented at 24th SPELT International Conference (October 24-26, 2008) at Fatima Jinnah Women University, Rawalpindi.
- Naseem. S. (2008). Reflective Teaching and Professional Development: An Investigation of Prevalent Reflective Practices. Paper presented at 1st National Conference on Empowering Teachers: Practices & Possibilities (March 3-4, 2008) at Fatima Jinnah Women University, Rawalpindi.
|Additional Professional Activities
- Since September, 2009: Attended seminars of Ph.D. Scholars and job talks by visiting faculties at MSU.
- June 8-19, 2009: Participated in Professional Development Workshop, organized by Dr. Mussaret Anwar Sheikh under the HEC International Linkages of Pakistani Universities with foreign Universities.
- May 28-30, 2009: Attended a short course on Introduction to Early Childhood Education, organized by Educacy Foundation, Islamabad.
- May 16, 2009: participated in one day workshop on Implementing Portfolios in Classrooms, organized by Educacy Foundation, Islamabad.
- May 26-30, 2008: Attended a follow-up workshop on ‘Training of Faculty Member of Public Universities as Master Trainers’ in Interactive Teaching and Learning Methodologies, organized by Higher Education Commission, Islamabad in collaboration of Children’s Resource International, Pakistan.
- March 27-29, 2008: Participated in 3-day workshop on ‘Orientation of National Curriculum for Lead Master Trainers organized by Curriculum Wing and Ministry of Education in Collaboration of UNESCO, Paris.
- December 10-14, 2007: Attended a workshop on ‘Training of Faculty Member of Public Universities as Master Trainers’ in Interactive Teaching and Learning Methodologies, organized by Higher Education Commission, Islamabad in collaboration of Children’s Resource International, Pakistan.
- November 5-6, 2007: Attended International Conference on ‘Quality Teacher Education: Promises & Practices’ organized by University of Education, Lahore in collaboration of Higher Education Commission, Islamabad.
- August 20-21, 2007: Attended ‘Professional Development and Capacity Building’ course, organized by University Putra Malaysia.
- April 16-17, 2007: Attended National ELT Conference: Current Teaching Practices and Future Prospects organized by Fatima Jinnah Women University, Rawalpindi in collaboration with HEC.
- January 16-18,2007: Attended National Conference on ‘Professional Development of Teachers at Higher Education in Pakistan’ organized by National Academy of Higher Education (NAHE),Learning Innovation Division and HEC.
- July 05-07, 2006: Participated in a workshop titled ‘Interactive Teaching Methodology’ organized by Children Resources International (CRI) in collaboration with FJWU.
- July 10-15, 2006: Participated in a workshop on ‘Study Skills Course for Teachers’ organized by FJWU in collaboration with HEC.
- November 21-23, 2005: Participated in a workshop on ‘Testing and Evaluation’ organized by HEC.
- June 20-25, 2005: Attended an in-service course on ‘Development of Teaching Skills’ arranged by St. John’s High School, Rawalpindi.
- June 30 to July 5, 1997: Participated in a workshop on ‘Guidance and Counseling’ organized by Pakistan Education Foundation, Islamabad.
- August 3-8, 1996: Participated in a workshop on ‘Teaching of English’ organized by Pakistan Education Foundation, Islamabad.
- August 21-24, 1995: Participated in a workshop on ‘Multi-grade Teaching Techniques to Raise Competence and Capabilities to Introduce an Activity-based Child Centered Approach in his/her Classroom’ organized by Adult Basic Education Society, Rawalpindi.
- June 20-27, 1993: Participated in an ‘In-service Course’ organized by Education Center, Dar-ul-Hikmat, Lahore.
|Theses Supervised (Masters)
- Effect of Test Anxiety on Students’ Academic Performance (2009)
- Self- Esteem of Orphan Boys & Girls at Secondary Level: A Comparative Study (2008)
- Reasons of School Refusal Behavior at Elementary Level (2008)
- Impact of Interactive Teaching on the Conceptual Understanding of Introductory mathematics at Primary level (2008)
- Impact of Higher Education on the Economic Status of Women of Rural Areas (2008)
- Effects of Shyness on Interpersonal Interaction of secondary School Students (2008)
- Effect of Thematic Teaching on students’ Learning (2008)
- Impact of Montessori Training on Teachers’ Performance in Early Childhood (2007)
- Influence of Job on Marital Adjustment in Highly Educated Women (2006)
|Courses Taught in Pakistan
- Curriculum Development
- Secondary School Curriculum
- Early childhood and Elementary Education
- Social Psychology
- Professionalism and Ethics in Teaching
- Organization & Development of a School Counseling Program
- Introduction to Counseling
- Health Education in Schools
Courses Taught at Allama Iqbal Open University, Islamabad
- Development Support Communication (Masters)
- Mass Communication Research (Masters)
- Print Media (Masters)
- Principles of Journalism (Bachelors)
- Advertising (Bachelors)
- Public Relations (Bachelors)
- Qualitative Research Designs, session at Allama Iqbal Open University, Islamabad on July 30, 2015
- Analyzing, Interpreting, and Presenting Qualitative Data, session at Allama Iqbal Open University, Islamabad.
- Rethinking the Cultural Divide: Life in Pakistan, lecture delivered at Mid-Michigan Community College, Mt. Pleasant, MI
- Youth Life in Pakistan, Guest speaker at Mid-Michigan Community College, MI
- Delivered lecture to Masters of Mass Communication Students, AIOU, Islamabad on the following topics:
- Psychological Warfare; Tools of Psychological Warfare
- Definition and elements of Development Support Communication (DSC)
- Dominant Paradigm of DSC
- Alternative Model of Development
- Definition and Components of DSC Campaign
- Organizing a successful DSC Campaign
- Issues and Prospects of DSC in Pakistan
- Interview: Conducting and writing techniques
- Magazine Journalism: Introduction, kinds of Magazines, Magazine Production
- Media Laws in Pakistan
- Delivered a lecture on Creating General Awareness among Students in Refresher Courses for F.G. primary school teachers
|Other Professional Activities
- Proof read and organized the Proceedings of 1st National Conference on Empowering Teachers: Practices & Possibilities, March 3-4, 2008 organized by Dept. of Education, Fatima Jinnah Women University, Rawalpindi.
- Assistant Conference Coordinator for the 1st National Conference on Empowering Teachers: Practices & Possibilities, March 3-4, 2008 organized by Dept. of Education, Fatima Jinnah Women University, Rawalpindi.
- Translated book “Me and My Messiah” into English, by Pastor Pervez Sohail
- Worked as an active member of conference secretariat of “International Earthquake Conference 10/8: Social, Human and Gender Issues” organized by Fatima Jinnah Women University and Azad Jammu and Kashmir University in collaboration with HEC in January, 2006.
- Organized, proof read, and supervised publication of Proceedings of the International Earthquake Conference
- Poems published in monthly magazine ‘Smash’